Search This Blog

REMEMBERING OUR PRECIOUS DAUGHTER, HARRIETT ELIZABETH TEJALAKSANA (June. 27, 2015)

Benaiah is already with us. He is so precious boy.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

VICTOR – a street child memorial


21 agustus 2010, 9:10am. Couple weeks ago, I had to face a very sad situation. One afternoon, I found out (through an SMS) that one of our street community member died because of so much complication. He died after years of struggling to overcome the addiction to drugs. We'd tried to help him, through lots of medication help, consultation to doctors, and some treatments, but finally, we reached to an end. 

Couple months ago, he run away from his family, went to his old drug addiction friends, and took the drugs once more. weeks ago, his mom found him, laying down on the side road, without hope. He was very sick at the time. So we helped him to a hospital and got treatment there. God's plan is the best. After almost 2 weeks of treatment, Victor came to the end road. Night before he died, he asked his mom, 'mom, does Jesus love me ? how can he loves someone like me ? His mom is a very brave women. She is also one of the street children worker. With lots of tears, Victor's mom told him anything about Jesus. Jesus is so different. He loves us, specially in tough and hard time. God loves us more even when we try to hate HIM. Jesus is so special. that Night, Victor received Jesus as a savior. What a wonderful moment. What a wonderful Jesus. That's why, when I remember this story, My heart is full of thankgiving to the Lord. At the end of the road, Victor decided the best decision ever. Thank you Lord.

The next day, we made a honorary occassion for Victor. we asked a Batak Church to lead the memoriam service. Before we started the service, we tried to find the best coat, tie, shirt, and pants for Victor. He looked so handsome. His face was so calm, so bright. We put on all clothes for victor. At last, I put socks to his feet. i just remember, we forgot to prepare a pair of shoes for him. His mom said, "Victor needs no more shoes, for he doesn't have to walk anymore. He is on Jesus' arm now. Jesus holds him up, carries him to the most beautiful heavan". I couldn't believe my ears. The words are so beautiful. God put hope in our heart, that everything we face everyday, is just parts of the journey to the eternity.

God put something in my heart. Victor's death has been HIS reconfirmation to call me to share my life with the these wonderful and beautiful street children. If only someone came to Victor, helped him years ago, he wouldn't end his life like this. If only....

God calls us to reach more soul an and heart for HIM

Learning to love God and others,

rudy and merry tejalaksana
HIS shelter Community ~ M25:40

No comments:

Welcome to my joyful blog

Dear all friends,



Hi, thanks for visiting this blog. We made this blog because We want to share love, joy, and faith to all in need. We love to serve and help you, especially children and adolescent, to find the purpose of your life.



If you are in need of someone who listen and care, please contact me. if you need me in private, contact us freely to our email: rudytejalaksana@yahoo.com or contact us through facebook. I want to help you.... please let me know ya.

God loves you, guys