Search This Blog

REMEMBERING OUR PRECIOUS DAUGHTER, HARRIETT ELIZABETH TEJALAKSANA (June. 27, 2015)

Benaiah is already with us. He is so precious boy.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

In God's Heart: Children are so precious and important

IN GOD’S HEART
Children are so precious and important

            One week before I graduated (2002), many people asked me about what would I do after graduation. When I said that I wanted to go and serve children at a small and unknown school, they looked at me in a weird way. They asked me “What will you get from ministering little children ?” or “Working with children ? you are too talented to work with the children”. On of the leader of big Church at Surabaya told me, “If you already realize your mistake (decision to serve the children), please contact me. My church needs you”. I felt so sad at the time, and still do until today. So many people don’t know about how precious to serve the precious children.

            Many Christian leaders today think that there are only fews parts of the Bible that talk about children. The Global Alliance for Advancing Holistic Children Development released that more than 1,600 Bible references are talking about Children, sons, daughter, and family relationships that urging us to prepare a protection for the younger generation. These references are almost forgotten by so many preachers. They rare to expose the heart of God for the little children. If Lord Jesus were the preacher, will he talk about HIS heart for the children ?

        At church, preachers like to talk about God’s work among the churches. They talked about family, relationships, serving others, characters of fruit of the Spirit, and so on. But as far as I can remember, in my whole life, I only heard twice about Children’s theme from the pulpit. One is from Dr. Bambang Budijanto (founder of Pelayanan Desa Terpadu). One is from my classmate at the Seminary.

        The Bible does share about how important the children are. Can you imagine, that the coming of the children had made the CREATOR of the universe stopped from HIS work, and turn HIS face to the children. The little children are in Lord Jesus’ heart. That’s why Lord Jesus had to stop preaching to the adult when the young children, brought by their parents, came to Jesus that day. Jesus stopped, turned His face and heart to the children, started to hug and bless them (Mark 10:16). The little children’s heart and life has always been in God’s heart since the first time He created the universe. The Children are so precious and Important. How do you think ?

In HIS service to the little ones,



Rudy and Merry Tejalaksana
(His Shelter Community)

1 comment:

art and blessings said...

Yeah.. I'm agree with you brother Rudy. Many children are trapped in the broken home family and maybe in a big financial matter and even many of them live without family. How do they realize that love of God still works in this cruel world if nobody shows them the true love? Life begins from love. I adore your action. Never stop loving the children. :)

Welcome to my joyful blog

Dear all friends,



Hi, thanks for visiting this blog. We made this blog because We want to share love, joy, and faith to all in need. We love to serve and help you, especially children and adolescent, to find the purpose of your life.



If you are in need of someone who listen and care, please contact me. if you need me in private, contact us freely to our email: rudytejalaksana@yahoo.com or contact us through facebook. I want to help you.... please let me know ya.

God loves you, guys